Saturday, May 3, 2008
The Circus
We took Quinn and Colby to the Shriner's Circus last night. Given that it STARTED at bedtime, we should've had low expectations, and we were not disappointed. Quinn actually paid attention, and seemed to enjoy himself, but Colby whined CONSTANTLY... "I want juice, I want popcorn, I want a toy, I want cotton candy".... unfortunately, there are alot of things to "I want" at the circus. We were tempted to cave when it came to riding an elephant (how often can you say that you've ridden an elephant?), but at $7 a pop for a single loop around a 10 ft diameter circle, I'd say he could wait. The animal acts were amusing, but I don't know WHY, at a family affair geared for children, the acrobats have to wear next to NOTHING. The ladies wore thong little outfits that left very little to the imagination, and I had to explain that to 3 year old boys. "Mom, is she wearing a diaper?" No. "Mom, is she even wearing underwear?" Apparently not. "Mom, she has a belly button." Yes. For all the world to see..... Oh well. We left at intermission, as it was almost 9:30 at that point and well past bedtime, dragging two crying, whining children with us. Happy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment