Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm Not Ready Yet

So I go into the boys' room this morning to find Colby crying on the floor. What's wrong?
C: "Quinn hit me! WAAAAHHHHHH!"
M: "Quinn, did you hit Colby?"
Q: "My hand bumped him."
M: "On accident?"
Q: "No."
M: "Well, you need to go give him a hug and tell him you're sorry."
Q: "I can't. My hand hurts."
M: "Well, we'll wait then. We're not leaving the room until you say you're sorry."
C: "WAAAAAHHHHH".
Q: "I'm not ready yet".
M: "Ok, we'll wait"
Time elapses. Staring at the floor occurs.
M: "Are you ready yet?"
Q: "No, not yet."
More time elapses. Staring at the floor continues.
Q: "What's wrong with Colby? Is he tired? He should go back to bed."
More time elapses. More staring at the floor.
Q: "OK, I'm ready now. " Gives Colby a hug. "I'm sorry. I love you. Would you like a blanket? Do you want a McQueen book? Let's go get breakfast."

Now, was that so hard????

No comments: