I know I intended this blog to be about the funny things the little boys say when they're not intending to be funny, but sometimes... I've got to record the things the big boy says when HE'S not intending to be funny. Rob has been buying beer in these miniature kegs for the past few weeks. They are stacking up in the yard, which made the wife unhappy. I asked him why he didn't recycle them or throw them away. "I was saving them for you to do a craft project with," he told me. How thoughtful. He suggested that I make a a snow man out of them for Christmas. No thank you. So tonight, he comes into the house and announces "I know what I'm going to do with those kegs. I'm going to glue them all together, and make a floating dock at my parents' house, for the boys to jump and swim off of!" He was very excited about this, and began slipping into engineer mode. "Each keg holds the equivalent of 11 pounds, which provides 11 pounds of buoyancy when filled with air. " Numbers began flying, brain wheels whirring, the density of water cogitated, designs imagined, and THIS was the final answer that came from all those calculations...... "Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to drink more beer."
How did I know that would be the answer?????
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment