I guess I've never really observed the boys introducing themselves to new kids before. We were at the park today enjoying our 90 DEGREE WEATHER(!!!!), when Quinn and Colby approached another little boy.
Q: "I'm Quinn, and he's Colby."
C: "I'm Colby, and he's Quinn."
Q&C: "We're brothers!"
Q&C: "We're twins!"
Q&C: "We're the same! Right Mom?"
Mom: "You're the same but different."
Q&C: "We're the same!"
Meanwhile, the other little boy appeared to care less, just so long as there was SOMEONE to go down the slide with.
Don't know why I found that interaction so interesting, but I really did. Maybe it's because they're now aware that they're twins, and that twins are somehow out of the ordinary, which I don't think they've realized much before this. They are surrounded everywhere they go by other identical twin boys - our friends the Sommervilles have twin boys, and there's a set of boys in their preschool class. Their Sunday school class has two sets of identical twins and one set of identical triplets. Multiples are just status quo around here!!! So it was fascinating for me to see them identify themselves so immediately as "twins", and insist on their "sameness", when all I can see is how different they are!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment