Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quotes From The Road

I obviously didn't have my computer and an internet connection with me in the Buick on the way out West recently, so wrote down some classics from all my boys. Picture a sedan loaded down with two adults, 3 children, 3 car seats, 5 suitcases, 2 bags full of toys, a giant backpack full of food, a diaper bag, plus miscellaneous paraphenalia, for three 10 hour days. Here's what you get....

Quinn: "Mom, can I have a juice box yet?"
Mom: "No."
Quinn: "Why not?"
Mom: "We haven't left our driveway."
-------------------------------------------------
Colby & Quinn: "Are we there yet?" 20 minutes into the trip.
--------------------------------------------------
Rob: "Well, there hasn't been any screaming or fighting yet on the trip."
Mom: "Yeah, I think it helps having the boys separated by Reagan."
Rob: "No. I was meaning US."
----------------------------------------------------
Upon hearing a Veggie Tales character on the laptop say the word 'hate', which is considered profanity in our household....
Quinn: "Mom, don't wash the computer's mouth out with soap. It will break it."
----------------------------------------------------
Colby (numerous times): "Mom, Dad said 'stupid'! Wash his mouth out with soap!"
----------------------------------------------------
Rob: "Look boys! Mountains!"
Quinn: "Those mountains are covered with trees."
Colby: " Not that! Those are hills. Behind the trees! Covered with snow!"
Quinn: " Those aren't mountains. Those are clouds."
Rob: "Nope. Those are mountains. They reach right up to the clouds."
Quinn: "Dad, I've never been there before!"
It's amazing how you can miss a topography, a terrain. I remember when 1st moving to Michigan, looking at the horizon and thinking the clouds were mountains, because I'd never lived anywhere without them on the horizon. Now I see mountains and think they're clouds, just like my son. Kinda sad.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Quinn and Colby: "Are we there yet?" Now every 5 minutes apart. Like clockwork. Like labor pains.
Mom: "No. No. No. No. No."
Quinn and Colby: "Are we almost there?"
Mom: "Yes! Almost!"
C: "DAD! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!"
Quinn: "MOM! You said we're almost there!!!"
Colby: "Quinn, we're almost there!!!!"
That last 10 minutes went by R.E.A.L.L.Y. slowly

No comments: