Colby was crying. Inconsolably. When I asked why, he said that Quinn had made a sign, and he wasn't allowed in the food pantry.
Mom: "NEITHER of you are allowed in the food pantry. " I checked out the alleged sign.
Mom: "Colby, do you see your name on that sign?"
Colby: "No."
Mom: "Then it doesn't say what Quinn says it does, so there's no reason to cry."
Quinn: "YES MOM, it DOES! See?" (pretending to sound things out as he traced the letters with his fingers) "N-n-o-o C-c-olby's allowed, only M-o-mmy and D-a-ddy and Quinn."
Colby: "WAAAAAHHHHHH"
Mom: "Quinn, where is Colby's name on that sign?"
Quinn: "Uh, right here?" Yeah - maybe in Russian.
Mom: "Quinn is not allowed any place that Colby is not allowed, and I'm here to tell you that NEITHER of you are allowed in the pantry."
May we get on with life now???
No comments:
Post a Comment