MY (well, our) son Quinn was chosen "Star of the Week" this week in the first grade. When I asked him what the criteria was for becoming Star of the Week, he said "Not moving your clip, being good, and having the most 'stars'". So, in essence... GOOD BEHAVIOR. Really?!?!?! Not to sound overly surprised, but...uh.... REALLY?!?!?! I'm so dang proud of him. He got to bring a bunch of pictures of himself to school today, and filled out an "all about me" questionnaire. I'll meet him for lunch tomorrow at school, if all goes according to plan. One of the questions on the questionnaire asked who he most admired. Despite his father standing over his shoulder not-so-subtly repeating "your Dad, your Dad, your Dad"... he chose... get this... JESUS. What's a mother to do when her children start making good choices, and behaving well??? WHAT is going on here????
Good job, little man. Daddy and I are really really proud of you!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should ask the teacher criteria before you get too excited. Our star of the week is just rotated to hit every kid. Not to burst your bubble or anything.
Post a Comment