Sunday, May 29, 2011

Quinn and Colby Stories

Lately at bed time, mostly because we've been too busy to sit down and read an actual BOOK, I've been telling the boys "Quinn and Colby" stories.  These are stories that star the Dynamic Duo, and we've been telling them off and on since they were about 2 or so.  Anyways, this latest round has serial installments, and the boys are always quick to remind me where I left off the night before,  and what they expect to happen next.  Quinn and Colby had just returned to earth from planet Mom (where all the aliens nagged them to brush their teeth and clean their room), and were on a treasure hunt in the woods.  After finding the treasure (which involved Quinn's super powers as "The Human Suction Cup" and Colby's power of "The Human Bulldozer"), they, alas, found the chest locked.  But there were inscriptions on the side of the box, and that's when Storybook Quinn asked "I wonder how we open the treasure chest???"

The REAL Quinn was not pleased that his alter ego would ask such a question.

Quinn: "Mom, that's not what I would say.  I'M THE SMART ONE, because my head is bigger than Colby's."
Mom: "That's all it takes to be smart? A big head?"
Quinn: "YUP".
Colby: "Quinn, that's ridiculous.  I'M the smart one."

Hee Hee Hee.  Well, luckily, the inscriptions on the side of the chest were math facts and spelling words, so both boys got to prove exactly how smart they were, in order to find the secret code to open the treasure.  And I would have to say, that Colby was the smart one sometimes, and Quinn was the smart one other times.  Funny how that works.  Despite Quinn's big head ;).

No comments: