Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tooth Loss

The boys apparently don't care about the tooth fairy any more.   I noticed new holes in both boys' mouths.  A full week and a half AFTER the fact, Colby informed me that he had lost a tooth while we were on vacation. 

Colby: "Yeah, I lost it when we were in Florida, but I didn't tell you or dad.  I just hid it under my pillow in the hotel room.  The tooth fairy didn't come."  Not upset or anything... just very matter of fact.

Mom: "Well, how's the tooth fairy supposed to know if you were in a strange hotel room and you didn't tell anyone????"

He just shrugged. 

When I mentioned the new hole in Quinn's mouth, he informed me that he had lost his tooth at Grandma and Grandpa's while I was at work, and apparently left it there.  Totally unconcerned, not even writing a note or anything for the tooth fairy. 

So maybe the end of that little bit of childhood.  I'm far sadder than they seem to be.  Even though I'm the one who saved two bucks!

No comments: