These boys. CONSTANTLY touching, hitting, wrestling, kicking, tickling, tussling, rough-housing, scuffling, patting, bashing, buffeting, and thumping each other. CONSTANTLY. They can't keep their hands off each other.
Mom: "I bet you guys a WHOLE DOLLAR that you can't keep your hands to yourself for a whole day."
Colby: "A real dollar?"
Mom: "Yup. If you don't touch your brother at all today, I will give you a dollar."
Colby (shaking Mom's hand): "Deal".
Quinn (refusing to shake Mom's hand): "That's worth more like $10".
Mom: "It doesn't matter. I could bet you a million dollars, and you still couldn't do it."
Quinn: "Fine. Bet me a million dollars that I can't keep my hands to myself."
Mom: "I don't have a million dollars, otherwise I would."
Quinn: "I take checks, Mom."
We negotiated down to... a dollar. And it didn't matter. Because they lasted exactly 5 minutes and 23 seconds before Colby put his foot on Quinn's knee during breakfast.
Mom: "TOUCH! BZZZZZZT! Deal's off."
Quinn: "I didn't touch Colby! He touched me!"
Mom: "It takes two to touch. You didn't run away."
Colby: "OK. Same deal, starting new... right..... NOW!"
At least we had 5 minutes without tussling. That's kind of a record around here, I think.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment