Colby brought some school work home that hadn't gotten done while at school. I asked him why he didn't finish.
Colby: "We're supposed to write a story about a scarecrow."
Quinn: "I finished mine at school. The scarecrow walked through the woods and scared the birds. THE END."
Sounds like an easy-enough assignment.
Colby: "Mom, I didn't have TIME to finish!"
COLBY'S story is about a scarecrow during a world war in 1922, who was really poor at firing a gun, but excellent with a knife. During a battle he found a magic Power Stone which allowed him entrance into a Wizarding school. CHAPTER TWO - the Power Stone was being sought by an evil villain........
Colby: "There's going to be 43 chapters, and I'm only on chapter TWO! I couldn't finish that at school!"
Oh, little man. You have inherited your mother's wordiness, and the curse of "dreaming bigger than you are capable of completing". We're going to have to find a way to wrap up the evil villain's plot with the Power Stone pretty quickly, methinks.
Secretly, though.... I'm really proud of his imagination. What DOES happen with that scarecrow???
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment