Thursday, April 25, 2013

Alliances

So, sometimes I make up little games for the kids to play in the car, to make sure the chaos stays under reasonable control.  Today, it was  the "who can tell me which way to turn to get home" game.  A point for each child that could correctly tell me how to direct our vehicle home.  Colby was winning.  About half way through the game, he asks the following:

Colby: "So, what do I get if I win?"
Mom: "The satisfaction of a job well done."
Colby: "Uh, no."
Mom: "How about 5 extra minutes on the Wii."
Colby: "OK."
Quinn: "You know, Colby, it doesn't really matter if you or I win, because we always share games anyways."
Colby: "That's true.  I guess we just have to keep Reagan from winning."
Mom: "No - you guys are separate, you aren't a team.  That's not fair to Reagan."
Quinn: "Well, if I win, I'm splitting my winnings with Colby."
Colby: "And if I win, I'm splitting my time with Quinn."

Reagan: "WAAAHHHH."

Annnnnndddd.... there's the chaos we were trying to avoid. 

Teamwork's great and all, but you really are TWO PEOPLE, boys.

No comments: