Friday, July 10, 2015

Quotes from a Passel of 11 Year Olds at a Birthday Party

Boys are so.... boys.  They make me laugh and cringe and laugh some more.    I tried to be unobtrusive at the party (well, until after midnight, and then I got CRABBY), and put on my listening ears to catch this:

(during a squirt-gun fight)  "I'm not on a team.  I am a mercenary.  Make me an offer.  No - higher."

"I can't have cake.  I can't have pop.  I can't eat pepperoni. I can't eat chocolate.  I can't eat peanuts."   Apparently, only the watermelon was universally acceptable on the menu. 

"I have a very good sense of taste, and I can tell that your drinking water has moved through plastic pipes before coming in to my cup.  I need different water."

(upon this mama coming upon a miscellaneous 11 year old that she didn't own, stealing her chair when she got up for a second)  Me:  "Hey!  That's my chair!"   Child: "Nope.  Not any more.  It's mine. Find your own."

(upon this mama coming upon another miscellaneous 11 year old shaking the pop and having it explode on her daughter's head)  Me: "HEY!  That's not a good idea!"  Child: "No!  It's okay!"  (????)

Me: "(miscellaneous child that I don't own)!!  Do not play in the woods by yourself at 11 o'clock at night looking for fireflies!!  Did you not JUST hear that coyote right there?"

Colby: "Mom!  I broke my toe!"  Me:  "OK.  We'll look at it after the party.  Carry on."

Me: "Boys!  It is nearly one o clock in the morning.  You MUST got to sleep.  I have to get up in 6 hours to go to work.  The birthday is OVER.  It is officially July 10th.  If I hear one more footstep on the floor, that person will be sleeping with ME upstairs.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND?????"  Miscellaneous boy that I don't own: "WOW!  You're crabby!". 









No comments: