Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Conversation In The Car

On the way to school today, with the winter bearing down on us all a little too hard:

Quinn: "Reagan, you're just annoying."
Mom: "Quinn, that is such an unkind thing to say.  That's not ok."
Quinn: "How is that any different than you calling me a picky eater?"
Mom: "You are a picky eater.  That's an objective, quantifiable and verifiable fact.  'Annoying' is a subjective opinion."
Quinn: "You can use all the big words you want, but calling me a picky eater is just as unkind as calling Reagan annoying."
Mom: "I can quantify what percentage of dinners you refuse to eat, because you do not like them.  It's like 95%"
Quinn: "Mom, I like lots of foods.  It's just the stuff YOU make that I don't like."

AND.... there it is.  Maybe I should give up cooking altogether.  The boys would be perfectly happy to survive on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of their days.

Dad may have a thing or two to say about that, though. 

I get NO RESPECT around here.  NONE, I tell you!!!  I am the Rodney Dangerfield of mothers.


No comments: