Saturday, September 3, 2016

She's Going To Blow

Conversation in the car on the way home tonight.  Reagan was pouting because she wanted to stay at grandma's house and play with a friend instead of going home.  It was 8:30 pm... bedtime. 

Reagan: "PLEEEEEEASEEEEEE Mom!  I really want to play with her!"
Mom: "Reagan, this conversation is over.  I gave you my answer.  We're going home."
Reagan: "But PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASEEE? ((whine whine whine))"
Quinn, putting his hand on  my shoulder from the back seat.  "It's okay, Mom.  Calm down.  Don't blow."
Mom: "I am calm!  I didn't blow up.  I didn't say anything!"
Quinn: "But you were about to.  I can totally tell when you're about to blow.  Reagan, you need to be quiet, because Mom is on the verge of blowing."
Mom: "How do you know that?"
Colby: "Because you're making your 'annoyed' face." 
Without even looking in a mirror, I can tell you... I most assuredly was making an annoyed face. 
Quinn: "I can totally read you, Mom, just like I can read Colby.  Like, for example, if I say 'Mom' too much, you blow.  Like the 10th time I say it... watch out.  You yell."
Colby: "And the 2nd time you ask us to do something.  You freak out."
Mom: "It's more like the 12th time I ask you to do something, but you ignore the first 11 times.  Then I blow."
Quinn:  "That's because Reagan keeps the t.v. up too loud."   (editor's note:  [[eye roll]])
Mom: "Well, Quinn, I would like you to teach Reagan that very valuable skill.  Teach her to read my cues and not push me to the point of blowing."
Colby: "Sometimes I do things just to see you lose it."   Thanks, Colby.

If they know what annoys me so well, why do they keep doing it???


No comments: