Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Things They Say

These boys have always made me laugh.  When they were little, they weren't necessarily trying to be funny... they just WERE.  Now that they're "tweens", they may be purposefully going for the joke, but I have to admit:  they're still funny. 

Tonight, on the way home from the band concert, the boys were complaining about their little sister, as they tend to do.

Mom: "You guys be nice to Reagan."
Quinn: "I think she tries to be annoying on purpose.  It's her purpose in life to bug us."
Mom: "You need to say kind things to her.  And please, stop bickering!"
Colby: "You and dad don't say kind things to each other."
Mom: "YES WE DO!"
Colby: "No you don't.  It's always 'you drive the kids!'  'No, YOU drive the kids!'  And then don't we feel loved when that happens."

hahahahahaha.

OK.  There may be the occasional (ahem) discussion about who gets to be the designated taxi driver to all these various activities the kids are involved in.  But that doesn't count as being unkind I don't think.  Does it???

No comments: