Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Diary of Anne Frank Journal - Quinn

Here's Quinn's write up:

Act one scene five
Option 2
    In Anne Frank there are many characters, some good some bad, in my opinion. In this journal entry, I will tell you which are my favorite characters and my least favorite. My favorite character, (which shouldn't come as a surprise) is Anne Frank. The reason I like her  is that she has many sides to her and tons personality.  She can be calm and quiet, and then immediately be angry and rebellious. I like that, it shows that she has emotion and quirks like us.  She shows us that she's not simply one sided but has depth. My least favorite character is Mr. Van Daan. I don’t like him because throughout the play, he's  really bitter and one sided, selfish and only worried about himself. An example of this is when he spent some of their money to buy cigarettes for himself. Additionally he took bread out of the safe in the middle of the night for himself, even though everyone else was starving, especially Peter.

Act one Scene 3
Option 2
Throughout the play Anne Frank has been speaking her mind and speaking out against the adults. Is that a good trait or bad trait? Some people could go either way. I say it's a little bit of both. It's good to tell your point of view on something to provide a second opinion and or view on a topic, but if you  start to either yell at the adult and/or just say they’re wrong, you don't want do that. That just shows that you are rude, disrespectful and self centered. If you don’t want to do what an adult tells you to do, don’t say such things.  You have to remember that you’re locked in a building with the people inside, try to get along. If anything, try to get along, stay positive and hopeful.


Act 2 scene 3
Option one
    During the families’ time up in the annex, they all went through a shortage of food. Everyone was hungry; Peter was groaning in his sleep he was that hungry. One day, Mr van Daan couldn't take it. In the middle of the night, he snuck down the stairs and opened the food safe and grabbed a loaf of bread, and got caught. Mr. Frank was going to throw Mr. van Daan ou,t but his wife defended him. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it is good.  My reasoning is because no matter what, any good person with a loyal bond with a person would defend their friend no matter what the accusation is. If they where to kick Mr.van Daan out, no doubt he would instantly be sent to a concentration camp and most likely die. All that for just a loaf of bread? That doesn't sound quite worth it to me. Even in my own life I have had the experience of defending someone. Mainly my brother. There have been constant times where I have defended him, sometimes even taking the fall. The point is that it's not bad to stand up for someone you trust. No matter what they did.

Act 2 scene 4
Option 2
In Anne Frank's play, there is a quote that outstands them all which is “I believe, in spite of everything, that people are good at the heart” and I have come to believe that that quote is true. I also believe that no matter how terrible the person is, they always a little good in them. There are always some good intentions. This quote also shows that Anne Frank is a positive and loving person. To believe in that must be tough at times, especially living in those conditions, but she pulls through anyway. This shows that Anne Frank is tough and courageous. Anne Frank’s quote is a role model for our generation. It is a role model of perseverance. Maybe someday, we could strive to be like Anne Frank.


Act 2 scene 5  
Option 2
Anne Frank is a powerful story and is published in fifty countries, has been turned into a movie, and received  the pulitzer prize, but why did it receive so much attention? I have an answer. I think the Anne Frank story is very popular for a multitude of reasons. One of them includes just how powerful and how brave Anne, a thirteen year old, is. She lived through these desolate times, and how she survived is fascinating. Another reason is the sheer lack of stories to be told. Over half of the Jewish population died, and not many wrote anything down. There are only few stories of the horrible times of world war 2 from her perspective. My final reason is how they survived for two years without being caught by the green police. Barely anyone did that, let alone write about it. It's also one of a kind, no other people we know of lived in a secret annex. In this cramped living spaces during world war 2, we hear only about Anne Frank and her family. Like I said, Anne is  one in a kind.

No comments: