Wednesday, July 29, 2020

16 Year Old Stats

At 16 years and 20 days old, Quinn Aho hit 6 whole feet, and 135 pounds.  Colby is right behind him, at 5'11.75", and 135.8 pounds.  BMI in the 17th and 19th percentiles respectively.  The doctor said the boys started their growth spurts late compared to other boys (most boys 12-14, these boys 14-16), which means that their growth plates will be open longer, and the odds are they will be even taller.  Right now, both boys are in the 90th% for height, and still have a good 3-4 years left of growing to do.  We will see where they end up!

The doctor ALSO said he doesn't recommend "impact" sports like trampolines, diving and pole vaulting because of their single kidney each, but when I told him that both boys were GOOD at those things, and LOVED those things, he said "OK.  I'm not going to tell them no.  It's a calculated risk."  Yes.  If the boys couldn't hurl themselves from great heights, I think they would be severely depressed.  This is what they do.  It's their thing.  We can say we're "being careful", but I don't know what that means when  free-falling through air.  There's no "being careful".  They fall well?  I guess there's that.  They DO fall well, and rarely hurt themselves.

Bring on 11th grade!  We're ready!

No comments: