Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Laundry Woes

I've decided the problem with doing laundry when you have twins (well, not THE problem, but one of the MANY problems), is that every load is like a load of socks. Meaning that every shirt, pair of pants, sweater, sweatshirt, has a "match". My system has always been to put matching outfits together in one gallon-sized ziplock bag. That way, I don't have to think about dreaming up two separate outfits, when the boys always want to wear what the other one is wearing anyway. I can go to a drawer, pick out a single bag, and say "Today, we will wear the striped shirts". And everyone is happy. It's theoretically a good system. Now that we're potty-training, though, the clothes-soiling rate has become very unequal. One will pee his britches, while the other stays dry. The matching outfits rarely end up in the same laundry load, and so there are mismatched pieces of clothing that lie around, awaiting their mate, and the laundry is NEVER completly finished. Every load is like that basket full of mis-matched socks, and it really is kind of annoying. Your pity is appreciated.

No comments: