Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Separate but Equal
My husband and I have come to the conclusion that, although we have two sons, we have one offspring "mind". Whatever one does, the other does. Whatever one says, the other repeats. If one discovers it's fun to pour milk in one's hair, so does the other one. It is the great mind meld. Rob says "it's like a 20 year reunion every time they see each other after a nap.". They have been apart for the length of an emergency room visit on maybe 3 occasions in their life, and that's about it. So, today was "Mommy-son day". Grandma and Grandpa agreed to take one miscellaneous child, and I would take the other. The actual son to go with mom was determined exactly 15 seconds before we reached grandma's house, as it kept going back and forth. "Quinn next to Mommy". "Colby go to grandma's house". "No, QUINN go to grandma's house". And back, and forth, and back, and forth, until the engine turned off, and it was Colby's turn to say "Colby go to grandma's house". So that determined it - amongst Quinn's tears of being "stuck" in the van with mommy. We went to the library, and Daddy's work, and then out for a burger, and to the mall to run around. It was fun, and I discovered, to my surprise, that I actually have a very well-behaved, polite young son! Even got compliments from complete strangers! Apparently the hooligan-ism we have witnessed at every previous public outing is the result of the "mind meld" phenomenon of being with a brother! The theory held... Colby was a perfect angel for his grandparents, too. And we only had to listen to "Where's COOOOOLLLLLBBBBBYYYY????" about 15 times during the outing. "Go find Colby now?" "Colby's at grandma's house". Sheesh. I guarantee they're not that worried about Rob or I when we're gone to work. We need to separate them a little more often, I think....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment