Being fair is of utmost importance when raising children. All parents know this. So, since Quinn got a "Mommy-Quinn" day a while back, today was dubbed "Colby-Mommy" day. While Quinn hung out with grandma and grandpa, Colby and I went grocery shopping at Walmart (whooo hooo). This was a surprisingly pleasant experience. Colby, with no-one to kick or fight with in the cart, and no one to instigate him to run amok through the aisles, behaved perfectly for a solid hour and a half. I was very proud. Afterwards we went through the Arby's drive-thru, and then on to the Library for some computer, puzzle, and book time. It was fun. He's started this game, where he throws out a subject and asks me a sing a song about it. It worked well at first, because he had Disney movies on the brain, and I always had a ready answer. He'd yell "Lion!" and I would sing the "Wee mo Wup" song. "Train!" and I would sing Casey Jr. Today the song game became a little more of a challenge. "CUP!" Uhhhh.... I think I sang something like "When I'm thirsty, I drink from a cup... a cup... a cup.... the end". "EH!" "Egg?" "No... EH! Sing an EH song, Mommy." You know, like the phonic sound of the letter E. GEEZ Colby. This was getting hard. "Eh, Eh, Eh, Eh... the end." And then he smiles and says "All done with the EH song." Yup. All done. When he's being a good boy, he's so dang CUTE!
When we went to go pick up Quinn afterwards from Grandma and Grandpa's house, I asked how he had been. I got a blank stare. "Quinn?" "Yes, Quinn, who's been here for the last 3 1/2 hours." Grandma said "you're kidding." I was getting a little worried at this response. "We thought we had Colby this whole time!" REALLY??? The funny thing was that Quinn didn't correct them when they called him Colby. If "Colby" was getting to watch movies and eat crackers at Grandma and Grandpa's house, then he'd be Colby. Didn't matter to him!
1 comment:
What a cute picture of Colby!
Post a Comment