Thursday, April 3, 2008

FOCUS




I tend to be somewhat skeptical about herbal remedies and things of an "alternative" nature. It's part of having a science background and being in the medical field, I'm sure. But I have started giving the boys an Omega-3 supplement. I did this several months ago, noticed huge improvements in language and general "maturity", and then stopped, thinking it was all in my head. Well, I started again a few days ago. I can't say FOR SURE if it helps. But the boys just spent an hour and 15 minutes quietly sitting and playing play-doh, and THEN they continued to sit and paint pictures for an additional 20 minutes. That just does not happen in our house. That much "stillness" is unheard of. Maybe they're just maturing in general. It seems a tad coincidental, though. I'll tell you one thing. I like these new and improved, focused, un-manic children. It makes me feel like a better parent!


No comments: