Monday, April 21, 2008

The Medical Profession

I was lying down with the boys today, attempting to nap, and obviously I was the only one who was tired. Colby announced that he was "Dr. Colby", and Quinn was "Dr. Quinn". They determined, after a very thorough, uncomfortable, and up-close examination, that mom's hair needed "fixing", that I had "owies" on my chin (those are zits, boys), and that I had spots and holes in my ears. I don't know about the spots, but the holes I paid good money for back when I was 13. Their cures included kisses, smothering me with a pillow to help me "stay nice and warm", and turning their hands into little instruments that made a "ZZZZZZ" sound, which was apparently inspired by the word "zit". THANK GOODNESS I am healthy now. And yet, not a-one of us got a wink of sleep.

No comments: