It's odd to me to have actual, informative conversations that are accurate (once properly deciphered) with my children. It's a whole new experience for us. After working a 13 hour shift today, thoroughly exhausted, I picked up my boys at 9:30 pm from Grandma and Grandpa Aho's. I had tried to call from work earlier, and ask the sitter Beth how the carpet man had done getting the pink paint out of the carpet. I was, after all, paying him alot of money. She was apparently having "a day", thanks to Colby smearing poop all over the carpet UPSTAIRS, and was unable to answer the phone. I don't pay Beth NEARLY enough for what she goes through. Anyways, at 9:30 pm last night, going home, I ask the boys if the carpet guy came.
"Yes," Quinn says. "I talked to the carpet boy. "
M: "Did he clean up the paint?"
Q: "He say 'try again' 'try again'. Paint not clean." This is NOT what I wanted to hear.
M: "Are you sure? He didn't get the paint cleaned up?"
C: "Can we both sleep in the purple bed?"
M: "Uh, no. You paint things when you're together and make mom MAD."
C:"I won't paint anything"
M:" Is the carpet clean?"
Q: "No. He needs to clean again."
M: "I just paid him alot of money. Is there paint still on the CARPET? I know there's still paint on the walls."
Q: "No. Paint still on the carpet."
I really didn't believe him. After all, I was assured when I called that this highly experienced carpet cleaner would be able to get the paint out of the carpet, which, after all, was why I was paying him nearly $200.....
Quinn was right. Not only do I still have to repaint the nursery. The carpet is still pink. And now I'm out another $200 on top of it all. And NO, Colby... you can NEVER sleep together in the same room for as long as you live. DON'T EVEN ASK.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment