I am probably making too much out of this, but Quinn said something very interesting yesterday. For those of you who don't know, both Quinn and Colby were born with a bad kidney, which needed removal at one year of age. Quinn's remaining kidney was also bad, and we were anticipating surgery on that one as well. When he was about 2 years old, we had a healing ceremony for him, where he was annointed by oil, and had the laying on of hands. Within two months, his kidney was completely healed. Miraculously, unexplainably. Anyways - he's been fine ever since.
Yesterday, as I was getting out the Christmas decorations, I pulled the angel out of the box that will go on top of our tree. Quinn was immediately drawn to it (WHY do Christmas decorations look like toys????).
Q: "Mom, do you love angels?"
M: "Yes, Quinn, I do love angels."
Q: "I love angels. An angel touched my belly and my heart grew bigger."
M: "What?"
Q: "An angel touched my belly and my heart grew bigger!"
We had just read the book "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", and when it said that the Grinch's heart "grew three sizes that day" I had explained that it meant that the Grinch became happy. So... translation in four year old language - "An angel touched my belly and I became happy!".
It just made me think of his miraculous kidney healing. DID an angel "touch his belly"? I kind of think so.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment