As anyone has ever shared a meal with two four year old boys knows, it is not a peaceful thing. It is a messy, frustrating affair, force-feeding vegetables, threats to use table-manners - it often ends with a timer, some gagging and lots of tears. At least in our house. Not so tonight. I made sweet and sour chicken, minus the "sour" as "my boys" (including Dad) all have sweet-tooths (sweet-teeth???). Basically breaded chicken bits with a citrus sauce and rice. Not the most healthy meal, I guess, but it went over like GANGBUSTERS. Quinn was absolutely RAVING.
"Mom! I love dinner! This is my favorite! I need a second dinner!! I am so happy! It's better than pancakes! It's better than pizza!"
I told him I was glad he liked it. Colby leaned over and gave me a hug. It was like I was a superstar. The accolades went on for several minutes. Astonishing. It was the most pleasant meal we've had in a long long time. I'm going to have to remember how I made that one, and serve it whenever I need some "kudos" about being a good mom.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment