It's advent, and we've been doing an Advent wreath and calendar nightly. I have this "Santa House" with 25 compartments, each of which contains a portion of the nativity story and a small "something" to help the message be understood by preschool minds. At the end, we sing a Christmas carol, and then say the Lord's Prayer as a family. Anyways... this has been our nightly ritual lately. So last night, we do the Santa House, sing our song, and we're getting ready to do the Lord's Prayer. I see that Quinn is prostrate on the floor (poor analogy, but envision a Muslim facing Mecca), hands clasped beneath him, eyes closed, saying repeatedly "Jesus God Jesus God Jesus God".
M: "What are you doing?"
Q: "Praying".
M: "OK. Well, it's time to hold hands and say the 'Our Father'".
Q: "I've already prayed. I don't need to say the 'Our Father'."
M: "YES, you do. Please hold hands".
He held hands with us, but instead of saying the Our Father, said "Jesus God Jesus God Jesus God" repeatedly. I'm all for spontaneous prayer, but I have a feeling this was just a passive-agressive ploy, and he thought those would be the two words that would most likely "get him out of " praying with the rest of us!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment