Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Recycling Easter Bunny

After finding his Easter basket this morning, Quinn suddenly stopped and said "HEEEYYYY... wait a minute! This is the same basket as LAST year!" I had to think fast...
"Oh, yeah. I set out the baskets from last year for the Easter bunny to reuse this year." So Earth friendly here. Mom is still up by one point. I don't know how much longer I WILL stay ahead of these boys, though. The Easter Bunny apparently left a bag full of grass and the wrappings/price tags for all the fun stuff in the boys' baskets on the coffe table by mistake. It made quite the stir this morning, as the boys thought there were such things as Easter Bags as well as baskets. Nope. Just an over-tired rabbit that didn't put things in the trash where they belonged!!!

2 comments:

gardnersixpack said...

We always used the same basket every year growing up...don't you remember that? I continue that tradition with my own kids as well.

Emilie said...

we too leave the baskets out and then the Easter Bunny comes and fills them...similar to stockings I guess. this year my boys wanted to leave him a treat...a colored egg and applejuice.