Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Last of The Jam

The boys' breakfast this morning used up the last of Grandma Fran's Huckleberry Jam. Our last of it ever. I couldn't help myself. I started to cry.

Rob: "Oh no. Boys, your mom needs a hug."
Quinn: "Why's she crying?"
Rob: "The jam's all gone."
Colby: "It's okay. We'll go to the store and buy more."
Mom: "It's not the same. This is Grandma's jam."
Quinn: "We'll have Grandma Fran come down from Heaven and make us more jam"
Mom: "It doesn't work that way, Quinn."
Colby: "I know, Mom. We'll buy more huckleberries and make our OWN jam. Like Grandma."
I had to smile. What a sweet, wonderful idea.
Mom: "Yes. That's perfect. Let's do that."

1 comment:

gardnersixpack said...

I have quite a bit of jam left...not to rub it in...but I'm not looking forward to using it all myself!