Thursday, December 30, 2010

And Speaking of Swear Words

The boys have been bringing home some.... interesting.... vocabulary from school this year.  We've tried cracking down on the potty mouth stuff, but that just seems to make it all the more alluring.  There's alot of talk of excrement, bodily functions, and diapers around here.  I'm really tired of it.  ANYWAYS, today I told the boys that I would have to revert to washing their mouths out with soap if it didn't stop soon. 

Colby:  "Well then you're going to have to wash Grandpa's mouth out, too. He says the 'C' word?"
Mom: "Uh..... 'C' word?"
Colby:  "He says 'crap'!"
Quinn: "And Dad says the 'F' word."
Mom (really nervous about what the 'F' word might be): "That would be......"
Quinn: "Frick".
Colby: " And Quinn called me the 'D' word."
Mom: "I'm afraid to ask...."
Colby: "DUMBHEAD!"

I suppose I should be relieved that they aren't the REALLY BAD 'C', 'D', and 'F' words.  At least not yet.  It's coming, though.  I have not the slightest doubt.  HOW can I keep these boys innocent for any length of time when the whole word is working against me?????

No comments: