Rob was explaining to the boys this morning that our upcoming vacation does not involve an amusement park or water slide in any form. That was blowing their minds a bit.... WHAT?!?! A vacation without an amusement park? Doesn't that go against the very DEFINITION of vacation?!?!?!?!
Rob: "This will be Nature's roller coaster. We'll get to see and enjoy all kinds of natural stuff".
Quinn: "Oh, good. So there's a roller coaster."
Rob: "No. I meant that on this vacation, we'll be enjoying the exciting things that 'The Big Guy' made."
Quinn: "Who's the 'Big Guy'?"
Colby: "I know. DAD!"
Rob: "No. I mean 'The Man Upstairs'".
Colby: "That's STILL you, Dad! You live upstairs!"
Overhearing this conversation from the bathroom, I couldn't help but think two things....
#1 - Idioms are lost on 6 year old boys
#2 - Rob's head was about to swell to the size of the "Big Island" we're planning to visit.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment