Sunday, October 30, 2011

Perspective and Genetics

Mom: "Colbyman, why don't you let me hold on to your Harry Potter glasses for the Halloween party."
Colby: "Why, Mom?"
Mom: "Because I don't want you to lose them."
Colby: "I won't lose them!"
Mom: "Where are they right now?"
Colby: "They were just in my ha-- I don't know.  WAIT!  Here they are on the coffee table."
Mom: "See?  You're the world's Greatest Thing Loser. I'll put your glasses in my purse, and then they won't get lost."
Colby: "Mom.... I'm not the world's Greatest Thing Loser.  I'm the world's Greatest Thing FINDER, because I'm always having to FIND the things that aren't there anymore."

OOOOOOHHHH.  HMMMM.  It's all how you look at it, isn't it Little Man?

Editor's Note:  "World's Greatest Thing Loser" is a dominant genetic trait that he inherited from the maternal side.  As proof -- after putting the glasses in my purse for safe keeping, I proceeded to LOSE MY PURSE for 20 minutes as we were getting in the car for the Halloween party.  As I was running around like a madwoman, family loaded in the truck and ready to go, I was screaming at my husband to HELP ME AND NOT JUST STAND THERE AND PLAY WITH YOUR PHONE!!!  He looked at me calmly and said "I'm calling your cell phone to find your purse."  Oh.  Sorry.  And... there it was, in the car, where I had put it to get ready to go to the Halloween party.  Poor Colbyman.  I'm sorry you got "thing loser-ness" from me.  By the time we got to the party, Colby had lost his Harry Potter tie, that had been STRAPPED TO HIS NECK.  Sheesh.  No one put the two of us in charge of National Secrets or anything, PLEASE.

No comments: