Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Yucky Kind of Chicken

Colby: "Mom, what's for dinner???"
Mom: "Chicken and rice."
Colby: "What kind of chicken?"
Mom: "Broiled chicken.  You know.  Chicken."
Colby: "You mean the kind of chicken that's been SHOT?"
Mom: "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......."
Colby: "Or do you mean good chicken, like chicken nuggets?"
Mom: "I guess the kind that's been shot."
Colby: "NOOOOOOOOOOO!  I don't LIKE that kind!!!!"

Unfortunately, I completely understood what Colby was talking about.  Let me take you on a little tour of his brain, to understand where the description of "shot" chicken came from....... free associate with me here...... boneless, skinless chicken breast is  unprocessed and you can actually tell that it's real meat, which obviously came from a real chicken, that had to DIE in order for it to end up on our plates (thus, it has been 'shot')....whereas chicken nuggets are processed to the point  where it seems apparently that those chickens just "lay" little nuggets, without it causing their death.   Not only are chicken nuggets more humane, but they taste better, too.  In Colby's world.

No comments: