Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nice Try

Colby-man has a sensitivity to wheat and is on a gluten-free diet.  He knows this, and HATES this.  But, when he eats alot of wheat, it gets kinda ugly, so.... rice flour it is.  YUM.  Anyways, that's really hard for a little boy to do when he's surrounded by Christmas cookies, and wheat flour birthday cakes, so we allow him one "gluten" day a week - whatever day of his choice.  We were at several Christmas-themed events yesterday where cookies were abundantly available, so that was a no-brainer.  Saturday was "gluten day".

This morning, I found him eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread.
Mom: "COLBY!  I thought yesterday  was 'gluten day'!  Why are you eating bread today?"

Deer in headlights stare.  Caught red-handed (well, brown-handed, as he's not so neat with peanut butter) .....

Colby: "Uhhhh, I'm not Colby.  HE IS!"  And then he pointed to his brother.  Who, by the way, was also eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Mom: "Nice try.  I gave birth to you.  You're not fooling me."

Colby: "I can try."

No comments: