Mom: "Boys, what gives you the idea that you're so good looking?"
Colby: "Think about it, Mom. It will come to you."
Quinn: "Everyone thinks so."
Colby: "Everyone except our PARENTS."
(OK. I think my boys are adorable, but I am not about to tell them that. I am far more worried about their swelled heads and vanity than I am about their self-esteem.)
Mom: "Who said you were so handsome?"
Colby: "Reagan thinks we're handsome and a genius!"
Mom: "You realize she thinks 'genius' is a bad word? She's insulting you. She doesn't know what 'genius' means."
Quinn: "Well, CJ at school thinks we're handsome."
Colby: "Yeah! And so does Hayden!"
Mom: "So, two other 8 year old boys think you're cute?" Oh my. What do I do with THAT??? "Do they have crushes on you?"
Q&C: "EWWWW! GROSS! NO! THEY'RE BOYS!"
Mom: "Do girls think you're cute?"
Q&C: "Gag, AHHH, BLECH, ewwwwww, cough cough cough.... vomit".
Still don't know where this ego-mania is coming from exactly, but it's quite a bit out of hand. Humility is not part of the package, apparently.
But, still.... OK. Yes. They're handsome. Just don't tell 'em I said so....

No comments:
Post a Comment