Half day of school, so mama and the sprouts hit the ski hill. Cold and hungry afterwards, little miss was crabby and whiny as all get out in the back seat of the car.
Reagan: "MOOOOOOMMMMM. I'm HUNGRY! Can we go to a restaurant????"
Mom: "Let's go home and I'll make some dinner."
Reagan: "But I'm hungry NOWWWWW. WAAAAHHHHHH. This is the worst day of my entire life!!"
Quinn: "Reagan, stop it."
Colby: "Yeah, Mom doesn't have to take us out to dinner. It's her money. She can spend it how she wants to."
Mom: "Thanks, boys."
Reagan: "But then we'll STARVE!"
Quinn: "No, we can eat at home."
Colby: "Mom doesn't even have to cook for us, did you know that Reagan? We can make our own dinner."
Mom: "WOW! You boys are on a roll, there!"
Reagan: "I can't cook for myself!"
Quinn: "Can you believe that? A five year old that can't make her own dinner? What's wrong with you?"
Colby: "Mom just does that stuff to be nice to us, Reagan. And you act like you expect it. She shares with us and cooks for us."
Picture Mom in the front seat, in stunned silence. But then.... there was the kicker.....
Quinn: "But Mom, you really do look tired. Stopping by Little Caesars for a $5 pizza would save you a whole lot of work when we get home."
ANNNNNNDDDDD.... there it was. I fell for it. Dang boys.
Pizza for dinner, anyone?
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment