Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Deadly Sins

So, a few things have been happening simultaneously here.  Firstly, I have been sick.  Like dog-sick for weeks, a literal snot-factory where I am highly medicated and feeling fatigued.  Secondly, our country is going through a very ugly national election.  Thirdly, life and work and school and extracurricular activities have ramped up to a frantic level, and mama is feeling overwhelmed.  Oh, and then lastly... the boys happened to LISTEN during Sunday school this week.   SO, that's the stage, as we were driving to school in the car yesterday.

Mom: "Well, boys.. I didn't exercise again this morning, because I feel so crappy.  AND tomorrow is my day of despair... the national election, where I cannot forsee a good outcome for the country."

Quinn and Colby: "GEEZ Mom.  You are committing so many deadly sins."

Mom: "WHAT???"

Quinn: "Yes.  Sloth and despair.  And maybe gluttony."

Mom: "In my defense, gluttony has taken a back seat because I have no appetite since being sick.  And.... ok.  I will have hope.  I have hope that whoever wins, impeachment proceedings start immediately.  Despair is gone."

Now to work on sloth.

Harsh.

No comments: