Thursday, October 3, 2019

Official 15 Year Old Stats.

Trial #2 of a well-child visit, a full three months after their ACTUAL birthday, because this is when the doctor could find the time to see us.  UGH.  Here are the official stats:

Quinn, at age 15 years, 3 months:
Weight: 121.6 pounds (42nd%, up nearly 2 pounds since August)
Height: 5'10- 3/4" (that's up an inch and a quarter since August!) (87th%)
BMI 9.27%

Colby, at age 15 years, 3 months:
Weight: 116 pounds (32nd%, and down 4 pounds since August.  All that running in cross country, without upping the food intake, is making him go in the WRONG DIRECTION)
Height: 5'9-1/2" (up an inch since August). (77th%)

When I expressed my concern that my son is losing weight, while gaining significant height, because he refuses to eat at a time when he is running 5 miles every day and growing like a weed... the doctor suggested Ensure.  I can't get Colby to eat the good stuff.  He's not going to drink Ensure.  I was always told that teenaged boys will eat me out of house and home, but to be honest... neither one of them eats much at all, except junk (which is typical).  The other day at the cross country meet, Colby started blacking out, because he had not eaten breakfast, didn't eat lunch, and then decided to run in a cross country meet in 89 degree heat.  I had to literally carry him from the finish line, and force-feed him a scotcheroo… which he didn't want.  UGH.

Size 13 feet, so I am sure these boys aren't done growing yet!  Doctor said their growth spurt is about a year behind their peers, which seems about right.

Onward and upward, young men!!

No comments: