Quinn: "Mom, if I'm bad, will the Easter Man still bring me an Easter Basket?"
Mom: "Don't you mean the Easter Bunny?"
Quinn: "No, isn't he an Easter Man? He's a man in a costume."
This had come after a previous conversation in which Quinn came straight out and asked me if the Easter Bunny was real. "A little" was my answer. I didn't want to lie, but I'm not quite ready yet for him to lose all the magic and fun of childhood. At the time, he had nodded sagely, and said "OHHH. A little like he's not a real BUNNY, but a man dressed up in a costume that comes into our house and hides the basket." Something like that.
Quinn: "So why do we still get an Easter basket even if we've been bad?"
Mom: "Easter is something we should celebrate whether we've been good or bad, because Jesus took our sins away when He died and rose again."
Quinn: "No. I know why. The Easter Man doesn't have a big screen to watch us all the time like Santa does."
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment