Day #3 of Quinn's low grade fever, which at times turned not so low-grade. Last night it was up to 103. Proof that he's not feeling up to par - we read the ENTIRE book of "The Wizard of Oz" yesterday, and added two more hours of book time today. Normally attention spans wouldn't even BEGIN to last that long. He slept much of the day yesterday, but today feels fine, with the exception of this annoying, low-grade fever. Enough to keep him home from school, but not enough to knock him for a loop like yesterday. What to do with him??? After the read-a-thon this morning, I let him play a few games on the computer. He chose hotwheels.com. I chose Zoodles.
Quinn: "Mom, I don't LIKE Zoodles."
Mom: "Why not?"
Quinn: "It's all about letters, and learning and stuff!!"
Mom: "OHHHH. Educational. You're SUPPOSED to be in school, so learning would be a good choice."
Quinn: "Maybe I'll just be done with the computer." That was fine by me.
Later, sitting at the kitchen table, he says nonchalantly:
Quinn: "Boy, sure is a nice day for swimming in the hot tub."
Mom: "Maybe not. You have a fever."
Quinn: "Sure a nice day to go to the park."
Mom: "Nope. You have a fever."
Quinn: "Could you teach me to ride a two-wheeler?"
Mom: "What do you think?"
SOOOO HARD to be technically not able to go to school, but feeling FINE. What to do, what to do???
Addendum: Quinn's fever persists, and he reportedly laid low the rest of the afternoon. The unexplained temperature has spread to his sister now. She took a six hour nap this afternoon. I'm trying to isolate Colby, as he's got to stay well for surgery on Wednesday!! Those tonsils NEED to come out! We're apparently germ central over here!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment