Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Financial Sense

Quinn: "Mom! Look what I found!"
Mom: "Oh, that's my silver dollar."
Quinn: "How do you know it's yours? I found it."
Mom: "I've had that silver dollar since I was a little girl. It's mine."
Quinn: "Well, if you've had it that long without spending it, you obviously don't need it."

Dang logic.

Financial Sense Part 2:
Colby: "Mom, can I do a chore to earn some money?"
Mom: "OK. You can clean the basement."
Quinn: "Mom, how much cents can I get if I clean half the basement?"
Mom: "Zero".
Quinn: "No. Like a penny? 25 cents? How much for each toy?"
Mom: "You clean it all for a dollar. If you don't clean it all, you get zero."
Quinn: "So, if I clean it all except one toy, I get nothing?"
Mom: "Exactamundo."
Quinn: "Essassimundo?"
Mom: "Just... Right. If you don't clean it all, you don't get any money."
Quinn: "Oh. OK."

Financial Sense Part 3:
I picked the boys up from school today, and was greeted by their teacher.
Mrs. VK: "Thank you so much for allowing Quinn to bring in that silver dollar today! We made a copy of it, and all the kids got to look at it, since we're studying money!"
Mom: "Oh." (Glare at child, who EXPRESSLY disobeyed when I told him not to bring the silver dollar to school. And now he's getting teacher kudos for it!)

No comments: