We had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. This invariably brings up the fact that Colby has a cheese ostensibly named after him, which happens to be made in a Wisconsin town of the same name. We've seen it. It's there.
Quinn: "There's a town named Quinn, too."
Colby: "No there's not. You're lying."
Mom: "Let's google that after dinner."
Quinn: "They make Colby cheese in Colby town. What do they make in Quinn town?"
Mom: "I don't know. We'll look that up, too."
Quinn: "I think they make Queens. And Quilts. And other 'Q' stuff there."
Mom: "Maybe you're right!"
Quinn: "I bet it's near Juneau."
Mom: "Alaska?"
Quinn: "Yes. I'd like to live there."
Colby: "Not me. They're poor in Alaska."
Mom: "Who told you that?"
Colby: "You did, Mom." I have no recollection of that whatsoever. I imagine I DID discourage any thoughts of moving to Alaska. That's something Dad has always wanted, which I have always nixed. We're cold enough here, thank you very much.
I haven't had any luck finding Quinn Town. Colby asked me to check China. Nope. Quinn suggested the South Pole. Maybe the North Pole. Nah. JACKPOT! There it is. Quinn, South Dakota... Population 45. That's 18 males, 27 females. Divorce rate 0% (that's encouraging!), although one of those 45 people is apparently a registered sex offender. Hmmmm. Other known facts about Quinn, SD:
#16 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that keep firearms around their homes"
#32 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that smoked 100+ cigarettes in their lives" and...
#41 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest percentage of residents that had a sunburn in the past 12 months"
All good to know. Not sure how much Queen or Quilt making they do there, though.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment