At the game last night, Dad made the mistake of promising One Greenback for each goal made. Quinn just happened to make a goal. Amongst the cheering, in the middle of the game, while the ball was in play, he left the field, came right over to Rob, and said "Can I have my dollar now?"
A friend and fellow mom sitting next to me was in charge of snacks for this game. To keep Reagan busy, she offered her an "early" snack of Oreos. Colby's "cookie detector" alarmed, and he made a bee-line for the sideline, in order to get his cookies too. Except, again, it was the middle of the game and the ball was in play. Rewards were obviously backfiring for soccer ;).
Colby struggles to pay attention to what's happening during a game, but he was doing really pretty good job last night. The ball was being thrown in from the sidelines, and Colby was open, but really somewhere in La La land, paying absolutely no attention whatsoever. The ball hit him in the chest, bringing him back to the game in a hurry. The look on his face was priceless.
And my favorite moment of the game.... Colby made a good defensive play, and Rob congratulated him and gave him a thumbs up. Colby looked over, smiled shyly, and gave Rob a thumbs up back. I WISH I would've caught it on film, because it was the cutest thing ever.
After the game, I told both boys how proud I was of them, and how much they had improved over last year.
Colby just said "Well, then, why were you laughing at me the whole time????"
Dang it, when they keep doing funny stuff, how am I NOT supposed to laugh at them???? After I explained the look on his face when the ball hit him in the chest, he just smiled and said "Oh yeah, that WAS funny!"
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment