I was all set to write a post this morning congratulating myself on my brilliance as a mother. See, last night at bed, I promised the boys a ticket each if they STAYED in bed all night, and didn't get up in the morning until after 7 am. Set the alarm clock and everything, so they'd know what time it was. And this morning, I didn't hear bickering in the living room, I didn't have boys climbing into bed with me whining about wanting breakfast. I actually slept in til 7 am myself, and it was HEAVENLY. Waking up to a quiet house at 7 am here is, well.... unheard of. All because of my brilliant strategy at bed time the night before. It's probably because I watched "Super Nanny" while cleaning the kitchen yesterday - all that good parenting sunk into my subconscious.
WELLL......
Rob just walked in (8 am) and said "Did the boys get some new toys or something that they're excited to play with?"
Uh, no.
"They went downstairs in the basement from 6:oo to 7:00, and then came back UP to their bedroom and are playing in there. "
Those little sneakers! They're trying to pull one over on their mom. Regardless, it was a QUIET house, even if they didn't play by the rules.
And I still got to sleep in.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment