Colby, crawling into bed with Rob and I at 9 pm last night: "Mom, I had a nightmare!"
Mom: "No you didn't. You haven't even fallen asleep yet. I saw you just 15 minutes ago."
Colby: "But a nightmare was COMING. I heard beeping in my ears, and that means a nightmare is coming."
Whatever. Stall tactic.
--------------------------------------------------------
Mom: "Quinn, if you make your bed every morning, it will be worth one ticket." (note: we are on a ticket reward system here. Had to get off the US Dollar, like most of the world, because of the temptation it caused).
Quinn: "One ticket? That's got to be worth more than that. That's a big job!"
Mom: "No it's not. It takes 30 seconds. See?" (Pulled up covers in less than 30 seconds).
Quinn: "That would take me at 90 seconds, and that's worth at least two tickets."
We have a future Donald Trump in our midst. I hear the theme song "money money MONEY" in the background.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment