Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big Boy

I got home from work at about 9 pm last night, to be greeted by a smirking husband.  That made me nervous.

Me: "Why are you smiling like that?"
Rob:  {{{smirk}}}
Me: "No, really.  Why?  It's freaking me out."
Rob: {{{ smirk }}}
Me: "WHAT???"
Rob: "Oh, if you only weren't so old."
Me: "Huh?"
Rob: "Our kids are perfect.  Even when we want to strangle them.  They're perfect, just as they are. Couldn't imagine them being any better.  And if you weren't so old, I just might want another one."
Me: "Ooooooh.  So you're smiling like that because you love your kids."
Rob:  "I didn't say the 'L' word".  (Editor's note... my husband is a Finn, and as such, morally opposed to overt displays of affection.  We LOVE him anyways).
Me: "It's okay to say it.  You love them, because they are loveable, and you're loving it."
Rob: "HRRRUMPH".

Curmudgeon.

No comments: