Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Parts

The boys have been very.... intrigued... by certain parts of my anatomy.  Curious.  During our nightly reading, one boy or the other will put a hand not-so-subtly on my chest.  When I move it, they are stunned.

Mom: "Quinn, you can't put your hand there.  It's private."
Quinn: "No it's not!  It's right there on your chest!  You can see it!"
Mom: "No.  You just don't put your hand on women's chests."
Quinn: "Why not?"
Colby: "I know!  It's because they make milk for babies!" (Colby and I had already had this discussion, when he had done the exact same thing to me a little while ago.
Quinn: "Do you even have ribs in there?"
Mom: "Uhhhhhh.... yeah."
Quinn: "WHERE?"
Mom:  "Underneath".
Quinn: "OOOOOOH.  I know.  Because God made Eve from one of Adam's ribs."
Mom: "Right.  So we women must have ribs, too."

((SIGH)).  When I talked to Rob about how best to handle this situation, he just said "I don't know, but you're on your own when it comes time to give 'the talk'."  WHAT???  Isn't that a Dad's job??? Coward!

No comments: