It's those small, everyday moments that I know are going to fade into vague inklings as the kids get older. But they are precious, and while they're happening, I always want to burn them in to my memory, because I know how quickly they're forgotten, since it wasn't an event, or an exciting location, or wasn't some big deal. That's why this blog is a blessing to me. It allows me to capture and hold these cherished gems securely to my chest, to take out and smile at in days to come. I don't want them to disappear and be forgotten. I want them to STAY with me, even though the children who created them will grow and change and someday be gone.
Colby woke up early. Mommy woke up early. The sun was shining, it was a gorgeous morning. So we got dressed and went for a walk, just the two of us. That's it. Just Colby and Mom, walking down the road, talking about how much the sunrise looks like the sunset, and admiring the gorgeous flowers, and picking a bouquet for the table. And Colby laughing about how Dad and Quinn were going to be so surprised to wake up and find us not there in the house like we usually were. Colby picking a daisy for my hair, and a buttercup to put behind his own ear. Colby holding my hand as we walked - I don't know how much longer he'll want to hold my hand, the big seven year old boy. But for now, in the quiet of the morning, while no one else is around... it's okay. And me marvelling around at all the different types of wildflowers, and Colby being impressed at God's creativity.
Nothing big. Nothing eventful. Just a sweet, fluttery moment that will wisp away like a butterfly in the wind, unless I write it down to anchor it here.
Some moments are like a prayer, I think. Living a prayer.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment