I really have no idea how these topics of conversation come up, but tonight at dinner, the boys were asking about Einstein's theory of relativity. Actually, it started off with some comment about a sonic boom happening when something moves faster than the speed of light, and I corrected whichever boy it was that said it.
Mom: "The sonic boom happens when something breaks the sound barrier."
Quinn: "So, what happens when something moves faster than the speed of light?"
Mom: "Well, Einstein theorized that if something moved faster than light, then TIME changed. Like you here on earth would still age and be like 15 years old, while Colby up in space moving really fast would still be seven."
Colby: "Uh-uh. No way. That's not true."
Mom: "Well, that's what Einstein said, and he was one of the smartest people on the planet."
Colby: "I think Einstein was the first person to get the theory of relativity WRONG!!!"
Mom: "Well, it is just a theory."
Quinn: "I wonder what would happen if my mouth moved faster than the speed of light?"
Mom: "I think that sometimes it already does, Quinn. It already does."
Just what goes through their little brains, interspersed between poop jokes and tourette's-like fart sounds, blows me away.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment