Monday, December 22, 2014

Fiction/Nonfiction

Again, dinner table conversation last night.

Dad was telling me how after staying up late to watch a movie on Saturday, the boys had snuck their blog books (made from this blog) to bed with them and were reading them all night long.  I reminded him that he gave Quinn Mountain Dew AND coffee not too long before bedtime, and I'm sure that had something to do with the late night. 

Dad: "No, my point is, they like reading their blog books."
Colby: "Are those books published?"
Mom: "Yes."
Colby: "Like for everyone?"
Mom: "No.  You are not secretly famous.  I make one copy of each book."
Colby: "Oh."
Quinn: "You totally make us sound dumb in there."
Mom: "No I don't!  I just write down what you say!"
Quinn: "Yeah, but I don't say it with 10 exclamation points and all capital letters and stuff."
Dad: "There may be some fabrication."
Colby: "Yeah, you totally make stuff up."
Mom: "No I don't.  I write it down as soon as you say it."
Quinn: "But you make us sound so dumb!"
Mom: "Not dumb.  Funny."
Colby: "And then you write little comments on the end, like you're rolling your eyes at us or something.  Did you not know we would read them?"
Mom: "Of course.  They're written for you.  As adults.  Someday."
Rob: "So, obviously written from a skewed perspective.  Like highly editorialized non fiction."
Mom: "Of course.  It's Life With Boys, the funny things they do and say, written from MY perspective".
Rob: "Well, you could take other perspectives into account."

SHEESH.  Family.  Give it a rest.  This is not CNN.  It's a Mommy blog, not objective journalism.

WRITE YOUR OWN DANG BLOG, if you don't like it!

No comments: